Thursday 29 August 2013

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION


Since my skin has improved and blemishes have been magiced away by the miraculous Alpha-h Liquid Gold, I have had the confidence to wear light weight foundations. I have always loved these foundations as they provide sheer natural looking coverage, whilst concealing any flaws!

I have found this product to be incredibly similar to YSL touché éclat foundation, in that is light weight, sheer, and luminous giving a healthy youthful look. The advantage of the Rimmel wake me up foundation is that it is less than half the price of YSL. YAY!

 
The product has quirky packaging with an orange lid that is rather striking – you definitely won’t lose this item in your make up collection! The product doesn’t have a particularly offensive scent and the best part – It is a foundation with a pump! Which means a clean, easy mess free application of the product with minimal waste as one pump seems to cover my entire face.

The foundation contains shimmer, lots and lots of shimmer which in the bottle looked a little scary, particularly for my oily skin. However when I tried this it gave my skin a subtle, natural radiant glow, and looks stunning in natural light. I have found that when I have had photographs wearing this foundation the SPF and shimmer causes a slight flashback look, but for everyday I think it gives your skin a little pick me up look!

The only disadvantage to this product is that if you needed full coverage this would not be the foundation for you. A generous amount of the product would be required and the effect would not be as good as the Revlon Colourstay foundation which is my Holy Grail foundation. But I do think this product is known to give sheer coverage and is not aimed for a full coverage look.

 
Broadly speaking this foundation is a great little buy at £8.99. It contains SPF and is almost always on offer at Boots, and is good completion for high end sheer foundations such as the YSL Touch Elcat, and Channel Vitalumiere Aqua. Perhaps it is not quite as refined as the high end products, but it is an excellent runner up!

We use the shade 103 True Ivory, which is perfect for those of you between fair and medium skin.

If you are about in town this weekend and are looking for a new foundation, why not give this one a go!

Don’t forget to follow us on @The1BeautyBloggers.

xxxxx <3 xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment